Empty and rinse all containers. Flatten cartons.
- Cartons and boxes
- Plastic bottles and jugs
- Aluminium cans
- Glass beverage containers (e.g. beer bottles)
- Tetra paks (milk, soy and juice)
- Broken glass beverage containers
Clean and undamaged batteries. Sort batteries according to type.
- Lead-acid batteries (e.g. automotive batteries)
- Rechargeable batteries
- Non-rechargeable batteries
- Broken or damaged batteries
Flatten boxes. Remove lids and liners.
- Cereal and cracker boxes (remove liners)
- Egg cartons
- Frozen juice containers (tin lids removed)
- Paper bags
- Shoe boxes
- Paper towel / toilet paper rolls
- Boxboard soiled with motor oil, paint or food/grease
Flatten boxes and remove any packing material.
- Appliance boxes
- Moving boxes
- Pizza boxes
- Cardboard soiled with motor oil, water or grease
Clean and undamaged. Remove electrical cords and monitor bases.
- Computer monitors and towers
- Mice, keyboards and cables
- Desktop printers, scanners and fax machines
- VHS / DVD players
- Stereos / Home Theatre Systems
- Speakers / Amplifiers / Equalizers
- Satellite Receivers
- MP3 / CD / Cassette / Record Players
- Video Cameras / Camcorders
- Digital and non-digital Cameras
- Digital Picture Frames
- Cellular Phones
- Telephones & Answering Machines
Empty and rinse all containers.
- Brown, clear, green and blue glass bottles & jars
- Drinking glasses
- Plate glass
LIGHT BULBS & LIGHTING FIXTURES (residential)
Clean and undamaged.
- All types of lights( bulbs and tubes)
- Table/desk/floor lamps, flashlights, chandeliers
- Christmas light stings, lampholders, night lights
- Path/walkway/border lights(non-solar)
- Security lighting, porch/patio lights
- Ceiling fans with lights
Propane and gas powered lights, strobe lights, vanity mirrors with lights, watches, jack-o-lanterns
LIGHTS & FIXTURES (commercial)
All light technologies, ballasts, light fixtures
Small quantities of all types of scrap metal.
- Ferrous metal (e.g. steel)
- Non-ferrous metal (e.g. aluminum, copper, brass, tin)
Sort newspaper and flyers separately. Secure shredded paper in plastic bags.
- Catalogues and magazines
- Mail and envelopes (plastic window OK)
- Newspaper and flyers (glossy OK)
- Office paper (e.g. construction paper, printed paper)
- Telephone books
- Carbon paper, colored gift wrapping paper
- Padded envelopes
- Photographcs and photo paper
- Thermal fax paper
PLASTICS & PLASTIC BAGS
Empty and rinse all containers. Secure loose plastic bags in a plastic grocery bag.
ONLY items labelled with the numbers 1-7 inside a triangle, such as:
- Soda, water, mouthwash and mustard containers
- Detergent bottles, flower pots, milk jugs, shampoo bottles, spray bottles, yogurt and margarine tubs
- PVC pipe
- Squeezable bottles (e.g. honey)
- Medicine bottles
- Bakery trays, rigid styrofoam
- Large reusable water bottles, juice jugs
Plastic bags: All bread, dry cleaning, produce and grocery bags
- Disposable diapers
- Compact discs
- Credit cards
TIN & ALUMINIUM FOIL
Empty and rinse all containers.
- Tin, aluminium, and steel cans & lids
- Metal lids from glass jars
- Food cans (e.g. tuna, soup, pet food)
- Aerosol cans (empty)
- Aluminium food containers, foil wrap, foil trays
- Containers soiled with anything such as food or grease